Lane Space for Swim Team Members
Dear Swim Team Families,
We have had some interest in providing “reserved lanes” for Stingrays Swim Team participants to continue their swimming during the shoulder season (April/May) to keep up momentum. We think this a great idea and would like to offer the opportunity. Beginning April 3rd on Monday/Wednesday Evenings there will be two -lanes reserved from 5:00-6:00 pm. These lanes will be exclusively for youth swim team members. There will not be a coach present, but workouts can be found at https://workoutsoffthebeatenpath.com/ there are also some printed workouts at the front desk.
There are a few rules for this opportunity to occur:
- Participants must have an active membership to participate.
- This time is a privilege for swim team members. There will not be coach supervision and the lifeguard will have ultimate authority over the pool.
- Children under the age of 14 must have a parent or responsible adult present in order to use the reserved lap lanes.
- The lanes are reserved for lap swimming only, if children want to play they can come during an “Open Swim” time. This will need to be enforced by the parent/adult present for each child.
- We will evaluate this on a weekly basis to ensure it is working for the EdgarMay and families.
So, if your child is interested, stop by and keep swimming! Questions can be directed to Zoe Lirakis at [email protected]
Edgar May Health and Recreation Center
140 Clinton Street
Springfield, VT 05156